There she was, a beautiful ball of black fur curled up and waiting. Waiting for whom or what, she wasn't sure. It was a nice box with a soft pad to lay on but when will I leave, she wondered.
Suddenly, she felt someone pick her up and cuddle her. Is this my new owner? I hope so. Then she heard someone say that this is the one. I'd like to take her home with me. The person said that I could go after some paper work was completed.
That was done and now I am heading for my new home with Patty and her family. Someone to love me and someone for me to love. Wonder what my name will be??
"Here she is" Patty told her family. " Now we have to name her." "She's lovely and dignified", said Kate, "we should call her Eleanor Roosevelt" "Great idea", Flint said and that is how this Kitty got her name.
Eleanor Roosevelt fit in very well with her new family. She was mostly a house cat but did enjoy being outside. She could climb trees, take walks, or just eat and sleep inside. "Eleanor Roosevelt" soon became just "Ella". She had a low and very unusual MEOW which made her even more special. She MEOWED when she was hungry, wanted attention, or go outside. (No, she was a cat, not a dog)
One afternoon when Ella wanted to go out she pranced over to Pat and began to MEOW. But horrors of horrors, NOTHING CAME OUT!!!
She tried again…but nothing, just wide eyes and a wide-open mouth with no sound.
Ella's family was so upset and immediately took her to her Cat Doctor. Upon arrival, Dr. Loving, took Ella into her special room and checked her over from top to bottom. She spent a lot of time with her and did every test imaginable. After spending lots of time with her; Dr. Loving told the family, "I can find nothing wrong, she is in great shape but her voice is gone. You and she will have to find it. Sorry, but GOOD LUCK."
It's now late and Ella and her family are settling down for the night. They have been so worried and needed to figure out what to do. Everyone went to bed including Ella. However, Ella couldn't sleep.
"Where is my voice, where can it be and that is what is worrying me" these lines keep running through Ella's head. She finally fell asleep and woke early with a plan. She would like to share her ideas with her family but HOW?? "I can't Meow and I can't write so best that I just leave and begin my search."
Eleanor Roosevelt knew a secret way to get outside and she waved "Goodbye" to her house and family and started her adventure.